CYFOR is a leading nationwide provider of Digital Forensics, eDiscovery and Cyber services to Law firms, Corporate organisations and Law enforcement.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for an experienced Digital Forensics Manager.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience carrying out digital forensic casework within the Criminal or Corporate arenas, with at least 1 year in a management position. Experience of assisting in the implementation and maintenance of ISO 17025 would be desirable.
You will lead a highly capable and established forensics team, driving continuous improvement in quality and achievement of deadlines. As a flexible and committed manager, you will also be responsible for coaching and developing the team as an inspirational leader as well as carrying out your own investigations.
In return, you’ll receive a salary commensurate with experience, training, overtime and excellent career prospects. You’ll enjoy a varied and highly fulfilling role, working with great colleagues in a fantastic atmosphere.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful business that truly focuses on its main asset, its team members.
- Manage investigators caseloads by the assignment of cases, the establishment of priorities, and reviewing and evaluation of reports;
- Review case information to determine the best forensic analysis strategy required; review all investigations to ensure case objectives have been achieved;
- To establish deadlines and provide ongoing communication of progress to keep investigations on track and on time;
- Ensuring that all work is completed within established time constraints and to the highest quality to support the business needs;
- Provide ‘on the job’ training in support of forensic technicians and investigators to properly handle, identify and use computer technology for the investigation of computer crime;
- Provide a leadership role, assisting junior members of staff with their personal and professional development;
- Monitor investigators competencies, advising or facilitating improvement where appropriate; amend and create new Standard Operating Procedures (where appropriate);
- Manage leave and time off requests from investigators and technicians;
- Conduct forensically sound acquisitions, analysis and examinations of computer systems. Conducting and/or assisting on more complex investigations beyond the competency of junior investigators;
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of IS0 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO 17025 standards;
- Prepare detailed reports, Criminal Justice Act statements and exhibits to a standard suitable for use in criminal or civil court in support of these investigations;
- To present evidence in court in a clear and comprehensive manner;
- To assist the Business Development team with the provision of Blogs throughout the year and assisting with quoting for new work;
- Candidates will be required to travel on business from time to time. A valid passport will, therefore, be required and, ideally, a full UK driving licence.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience of undertaking digital forensic analysis of computers and mobile devices for Criminal or Corporate cases, with at least 1 year in a management position;
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent work-related experience;
- Ability to communicate at all levels, adapting the style of communication to meet the needs of the audience;
- Ability to remain calm and controlled and maintain good performance within a mission-critical service area;
- Ability to effectively plan and coordinate projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team responsible for providing Forensic Services;
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and a high level of self-motivation;
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
- Possess excellent IT skills and demonstrate competency in a number of systems and applications.
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
- Contributory Health care scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Recognition & reward schemes
- Multiple social events throughout the year including the CYFOR Family day
- Month-end breakfast and lots more.
This role will require security clearance to SC level, please advise if you are a holder otherwise, we will need to carry out vetting.