PEL Consultancy Services conducts a variety of investigation and security services on behalf of Private Individuals, Corporate Clients and Legal Representatives.
Headquartered in the prestigious Chelsea Harbour, London, PEL Consultancy Services is a rapidly growing Private Investigation firm that provides tailored consulting, advisory managed detection and response services.
Digital Forensic Analyst
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join us. The ideal candidate will have extensive cyber threat intelligence experience, previously worked within a SOC, experience of managing SOCs and cyber consulting experience.
The role will cover all aspects of digital forensics and, the successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring & investigating a wide range of electronic and cloud-based evidence. Experience in using AXIOM Cyber would be advantageous.
- Have excellent knowledge of digital hardware, experience in different file systems & operating systems artefacts.
- Knowledge of the laws & principles of computer forensics & electronic evidence.
- Be meticulous, have a highly analytical and enquiring mind, excellent communication skills and able to convey complex technical issues to a lay audience in writing & verbally.
- Supporting Presales engagements and providing Subject Matter Expertise for presales calls and meetings.
- Familiarity with forensic software. Experience in using commercial forensics tool AXIOM would be advantageous.
- Lead and perform Operational Technology Incident Response engagements for customers.
- Understanding of different attacks and how best to design custom containment and remediation plans for customers.
- Ability to lead projects for Incident Response, which can be simple small engagements up to large multinational organisations.
- Develop and document processes to ensure consistent and scalable response operations.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Experience Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience with Incident Response, offensive security (penetration testing), as well as detection, networking and endpoint solutions, are all distinct advantages.
- Be hands on familiar with IR toolsets and investigation techniques on both Windows and GNU/Linux Operating Systems.
- Working within cyber defence for 5 years + and Incident Response for the last 2 years.
- IT Security related degree (or show practical experience).
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems – Windows & Linux, firewalls, HIDS/HIPS & IDS/IPS.
- Experience with OSINT and threat intelligence gathering methods.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.