ManTech provides mission-focused technology solutions and services for U.S. defense, intelligence and federal civilian agencies. In business for more than 52 years, we excel in full-spectrum cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering solutions that support national and homeland security.
The Technical Exploitation Support Services team is critical in supporting DoD, Federal, and IC partners’ Global War on Terrorism efforts by providing state of the art technical exploitation and collection capabilities in digital media exploitation triage and automation, advanced technical Media Exploitation (MEDEX), and advanced Mobile Device Exploitation. Activities include digital forensics activities, software reverse engineering, hardware exploitation, parser development, reverse engineering, mobile applications development and engineering, and technical exploitation (collection, transmission, prioritization translation, and analysis and dissemination of materials).
Currently, ManTech is seeking a Mobile Software Engineer Expert to fulfill the role as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the Bethesda, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Engineer software scripts in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API extraction.
• Collaborate with Technical Exploitation teams to define clear requirements, performance specifications, deliverables, and milestones for applications.
• Debug mobile applications' memory and performance issues, such as using Android trace view tool to identify performance bottlenecks.
• Provide malicious code reverse engineering to isolate, review, analyze, and reverse-engineer potentially malicious programs recovered from compromised computer systems and networks.
• Research new trends, techniques, and packaging of malicious software to stay current and ready to identify and handle zero-day exploits.
• Analyze software and firmware using reverse engineering techniques to understand security vulnerabilities, working closely with teammates who value innovation and execution.
• Share knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to technical staff, management, and Government decision makers.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and at least 9 years' related experience
• Deep knowledge of Android and a strong passion in mobile industry and mobile development
• Background in mobile web technologies (HTML5, AJAX, CSS, XML, JSON) preferred.
• Background in wireless APIs (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) preferred.
• Able to communicate design decisions, trade-offs, code walk-through and bugs, thoroughly, clearly, and concisely.
• Able to handle multiple simultaneous projects, manage time and priorities
• Efficiently implement new features and bug fixes while writing elegant, maintainable code
• 5+ years’ experience in communications device design or embedded platform-level engineering for mobile communication devices desired.
• Experience requiring an expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices.
• 2 years’ experience with reverse engineering software packages (IDA Pro, IDA Python PyDgb, or OllyDbg).
• Advanced/Expert experience in software engineering and related technologies.
• Advanced/Expert experience in sizing and scoping, in design, implementation and delivery of mobile application solutions using IOS and/or Android development environments.
• Advanced/Expert experience in development on two or more of the following software platforms: Windows, Linux, Android, OS X, and iOS
• Experience requiring a knowledge of designing interfaces using Objective-C, Android SDK including the unique tasks of designing applications for small screen size.
• Experience requiring excellent debugging, problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Experience with multiple programming languages (C, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Java, Python). A strong mix is needed with experience in C, C++ or Objective C and Java or C+ is a minimum requirement.
• Experience engineering applications in C, C++, and Java with emphasis on prototyping and API design and development.
• Proven track record of mobile application development.
• Experience with two or more IDE environments and tool sets (Visual Studio, JetBrains, Eclipse, Android Studio, Xcode).
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Compliant, IAT Level II – or able to obtain one within 90 days of joining the contract.
• Deep knowledge of at least one major mobile platform
• Ability to interact with live devices using shell commands
• Advanced/Expert experience in designing, developing, and maintaining mobile applications
• Expert knowledge of implementations of contemporary commercial wireless devices
• 2 years of experience with reverse engineering software packages such as IDA Pro
• Knowledge and application of assembly programming and reversing
• Experience with computer forensic software packages such as EnCase, FTK, Cellebrite Physical Analyzer, or Sleuth Kit/Autopsy
• Experience in computer or cell phone architecture, system internals, operating systems, and/or boot process software engineering.
• Advanced experience investigating software vulnerabilities and a basic understanding of common cyber-attack methods
Security Clearance Requirements:
• Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance and possess a Counterintelligence (CI) Polygraph or obtain a CI Polygraph by the start of employment.