BlackBag Technologies, a leading digital forensics company, is seeking a Digital Forensic Examiner to provide forensic examination support for the Department of Defense and supporting organizations. Conducts forensic examination and analysis of digital media to include computer systems, hard drives, mobile devices, storage devices, and other media devices. Provides expert witness/testimony support and technical consultations related to investigations, trials, and inquiries.
This individual must possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Provides forensic examination support for the Department of Defense and supporting organizations.
- Conducts forensic exams in accordance with accredited laboratory procedures.
- Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken and develops forensic reports in support of criminal investigation and trial proceedings.
- Assists the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures.
- Conducts peer reviews of other examiners' reporting and serves as a mentor for less experienced examiners.
- Provides expert witness testimony in both military and civilian courts in support of forensic examinations conducted by the examiner.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience without a degree; or
- 2 years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline; or
- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics
- Demonstrated experience in mobile device data extraction and/or analysis (CELLEX).
- In-depth experience with file system analysis, registry and internet history analysis
- Understanding of encryption technologies, anti-forensics techniques, malware detection, timeline analysis, email analysis, signature and hash analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- Demonstrated experience with forensics tools such as BlackLight, EnCase, FTK, and Xways.
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Ability to acquire and maintain a TS clearance
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
BlackBag’s Mission Statement:
Reveal the truth in data in order to create a safer world.
About BlackBag (www.blackbagtech.com):
BlackBag Technologies is a leading provider of digital forensic solutions to both the public and private sectors. The company serves a diverse set of clients including Federal, State and Local law enforcement agencies as well as leading Fortune 500 companies. We are committed to developing innovative solutions for the security community.
EEO IT’S THE LAW: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf