To undertake operational tasks such as the analysis of a wide range of Mobile devices supplied for forensic examination. Produce written reports and statements relating to this work for possible presentation in court.
· Provide written estimates to both the prosecution and defence for the forensic examination of mobile equipment.
· Develop examination strategies on a case-by-case basis in order to prepare outline summaries of proposed work programmes to agreed costs
· Organise your own day to day casework activities in order to ensure that cases are carried out efficiently, to the required standards and cost, in accordance with good work practise and quality systems.
· Produce appropriate reports and delivery expert evidence on findings
· Review of colleagues reports / statements to ensure quality and maintain standards
· Handle exhibits in accordance with evidential rules and technological safeguards to ensure the integrity of each case
· Provide accurate and understandable briefing / customer presentations
· Liaise with customers in order to keep them abreast with progression of their cases
· Review and keep abreast of appropriate improvements in technology.
· Consider areas for improvement in the role or processes that will have a positive impact on quality and effectiveness
Knowledge, experience and technical skills
· Educated to degree level or equivalent with recognised qualifications in computer science or computer forensic investigation.
· Good understanding of the UK legislation
· Excellent report writing skills
· Excellent knowledge of court procedure and etiquette of an expert witness, disclosure and continuity
· Customer focus
· Able to Communicate effectively with the team and other stakeholders
· Proven ability of delivering results
· Takes accountability for actions
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to manage and prioritise a challenging workload
· Excellent attention to detail
· High level of commercial awareness
· A degree of flexibility
Security Vetting and Clearance
The job-holder is responsible for obtaining and maintaining the appropriate levels of security clearance and adhering to the organisation’s security vetting policy and process in force at the time.